Major
Major

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am

Quote :
Posted by Seth Luisi

Hello again.
It's been a very busy time for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. We recently achieved Alpha, we held the big SOCOM: Confrontation Media Day outside of Vegas and now we are preparing for E3 and crunching hard to get the game to Beta and beyond.
Unfortunately, even working late into the nights and every weekend, we've had to re-evaluate our schedule. Our top priority is delivering the best SOCOM online experience possible. Tough decisions had to be made and we've decided to push back the release date to October 14th, 2008. We just had to face the facts and do what is best for the title. Rather than sacrifice features, quality and stability, we had to do the right thing and re-adjust our schedule.
This was a very tough decision for us to make as it means that the team will be working more late nights and weekends ahead before the game is released, not fewer. However, we absolutely feel that we need to deliver the best SOCOM online experience possible; you deserve no less.
Coffee and pizza donations are welcome Smile.

They will fix all problems

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://omegaallegiance.creaforum.net
Frenzy
Private
Private

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 pm

lol coffee and pizza donations

mmm pizza geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:01 pm

is a few ppl disliking the leaning controls a problem? not sayin i would like it, just would they actually take notice of it if only a few ppl complain. cause majority of the retarded parts of europe and some americans will probably like the sixaxis lean.

king Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z9.invisionfree.com/OmegaAllegiance/index.php?act=idx
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 am

no i don't think that they could change it now even if they wanted to, So we are probably stuck with it, at least untill a big update but i don't really think that i used to use the lean on the old socom anyway and i think that it would probably just take more time to master it , if we wanted to use it.

I'm more concerned about the weapons menu as it seems too fiddly and i have to reset it each time i spawn No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 am

Dan when do you play socom? pale the only other people (that i know) that i have been able to play it with are todg and lordmarto but he has been moving houses or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferrit
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Frenzy wrote:
Dan when do you play socom? pale the only other people (that i know) that i have been able to play it with are todg and lordmarto but he has been moving houses or something.

you gotta get on messenger and kick dans arse to get him online now Smile

tis what i do lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 pm

yep its true lol, i dont really like it much thus dont play it, i will when it comes out just find one level over and over again is boring.

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Anyone got this game yet ?, its Still not released over here yet Shocked Evil or Very Mad i swear to god if they don't release this thing soon, i might not get the shit!

i also cannot find a store that knows anything about it..... like if theres going to be a headset edition or even a release date Evil or Very Mad FFS WTF is wrong with these kunts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottishrebal
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Game.co.uk and lots more have it set as 28/11/08 for UK.

IGN is stilling giving me TBA 2008 and December 31, 2008.

IGN has also rated the game as 4.5/10 and have stated socom: confrontation would be the best socom ever in theory but the server/connection issues online downgrade the rating as you are struggling to play any gamemode for 15mins. Lag is constent even with 100Mb connection which only businesses have. Typical house connection is between 2 and 24 so we have no hope anyway. Theres no single player remeber so don't think you can but it and play single player until issues are fixed.

Press rating Average: 6.7
12 press ratings

Reader Average: 6.5
86 reader reviews

I highly recommend, to everyone, not to buy the game unless the UK/Australian versions have been confirmed as fixed or a patch for UK/Australia is announced. May i stress again the game is good but its the technical server stuff that is fucked making the game very unplayable and frustrating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottishrebal
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Socom: confrontation has been rumoured not to come out until 2009 due to sales tactics.

Most retail shops have now changed there release dates for socom to Pre-order or TBA 2009 which is also a factor to make it believable.

Basicly its said Socom will not be out until January/February 2009 as sony feel theres too many great games coming out this autumn and so to give socom the best selling chance they are waiting until January/February 2009 where there is less brilliant games coming out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Or as the developer himself said because they dont give a shit about europe its called US Navy Seals not British SAS.

Back to top Go down
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 pm

sorry to ask but what great games are coming out this autumn? cod waw, fallout 3, resistance 2 and mcla... thats the only ones i kno are being advertised alot just now, other than those i cant say there are any great games coming out. thts why iv given me parents a list of games they could get me for crimbo if they are wantin to get me a game or two. the games are mgs4, bfbc, the force unleashed and cod waw.

king

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Mad_Macka wrote:
sorry to ask but what great games are coming out this autumn? cod waw, fallout 3, resistance 2 and mcla... thats the only ones i kno are being advertised alot just now, other than those i cant say there are any great games coming out. thts why iv given me parents a list of games they could get me for crimbo if they are wantin to get me a game or two. the games are mgs4, bfbc, the force unleashed and cod waw.

king

I will probably get 2-3 of these: Midnight Club LA, Fallout3, tigerwoods 09, COD5, resistance2 and i might finally get battlefield BC.

I will definitely get SOCOM as its cheap enough to take the risk of it being a dud.

But my gaming time is going to be limited as i need to get into the workforce geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I just got an email back from playstation Australia, they still haven't got a release date for socom yet and the headset is only available with Tom Clancy's End War....... have any of you got that? if so whats it like?

http://au.ps3.ign.com/objects/902/902335.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferrit
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Frenzy wrote:
I just got an email back from playstation Australia, they still haven't got a release date for socom yet and the headset is only available with Tom Clancy's End War....... have any of you got that? if so whats it like?

http://au.ps3.ign.com/objects/902/902335.html

i downloaded the demo.

it's crap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottishrebal
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 am

same got the demo after really liking C&C series on Both playstation 1 and the PC. I don't know what it is but the game seems to have no meaning. just a bunch of units going from a to b taking outposts. Graphics wise its not exactly brand new and just controlling everything is just to much hassle. I think ill be sticking with COD: WaW for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:24 pm

agreed it sucks

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:20 pm

I might get it, but then trade it straight back in and keep the headset, because my current one is ratshit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:48 pm

it is an idea. your probably payin for the headset instead of the game cause the game is that shit lol.

king

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 pm

yeah i'll see how much i will get back first
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottishrebal
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:14 pm

im afraid the earliest you will have this game is end of December but most people are 50% sure (except sony) that it will be out Jan/Feb 2009. The idea is we should also have all the patches pre loaded on the disc etc so we should get a near perfect game except from the server issues which involves sony upgrading their servers but the term upgrade seems to be missing from their dictionary and budget highlighted and in bold with underline. Also there still the fact those stupid Americans will be there but that could change and i hope it does.

Upgrade

Budget
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   

Back to top Go down

Socom Confrontation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Misc :: General Discution-
Jump to: