Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Socom Confrontation

Go down 
+2
buzzsaw
Frenzy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Socom Confrontation Empty
PostSubject: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:30 am

Not long now gents Twisted Evil

I have a guy in my friends list who has the public beta What a Face

http://socom.us.playstation.com/default.aspx

we should start a gamebattles team http://gamebattles.com/ps3/socom-confrontation/teams/create probably EU
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Private
Private
buzzsaw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Can't wait for this game, god damn I hope its better than COD4. geek
Back to top Go down
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Mad_Macka

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:03 pm

agreed.

king Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://z9.invisionfree.com/OmegaAllegiance/index.php?act=idx
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:44 am

Ok as some of you know i have been playing the Socom Beta, its not bad actually, few nice new features, you can create your own characture inclueding what camo colour ect you have, they are mixed servers with the americans.
It does take a month to get into games and there is a fair ammount of lag. Weapons are nice and customisable as always, graphics arnt what i expected but it is only the beta after all.

You can now also roll while in prone and there is no jump sniping, namely you cant go into scope while in mid air. You can nowalso Sprint swell which is a nice feature and there is no health to lose. I have made this demo vid showing off the new features so enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://omegaallegiance.creaforum.net
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Mad_Macka

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 am

thank you so much Very Happy been dying to see what it really looks like and ill be honest im considerin sellin cod just to make sure i have cash to get it.

all i can say about the customization is holy shit. it blows vegas 1 clean out of the water and sticks a knife up cod's ass since it doesnt have any custom shit. i cant wait to get my hands on it Very Happy

thts the map cross roads from socom 2 isnt it. god tht map was great. another reason i want this game.

im lovin the fact tht they kept the old victory dances and made them look better and put more detail into them.

overall................ i am so gettin this fuckin game rofl.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
king king king king king king

*Edit*
not going to sell cod. gonna see how much cash i can get by sellin vegas 1, motorstorm 1, assassins creed and army of two. tht should get me about £20 and iv got some cash so it looks like im gettin this as soon as it comes out Very Happy Twisted Evil king
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 am

Shocked wow theres heaps of customization in it I love you we might even be able to reconise each other by the different gear that we will wear Twisted Evil It's a beta so i'm hoping they will be able to fix the lag and some other problems.

Howd did you get it Dan ? thanks for the vid!

Yeah i think that crossroads is the only beta level.... but i would have no idea about socom 2 level's, because i never played it online pale

----

our daylight savings ends 1 or 2 weeks before it is due so i will probably catch yas more on the weekends cheers
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Private
Private
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:31 am

Cant wait, looks like it shits all over COD. I'm sure the lag is only as its beta. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Mate to be honest it dont lag that much unless an American joins your room, heres the thing, they have tons of US servers but they also believe that English Speaking means thats there server aswell. I was told to go back to my own server last night when i was in English Speaking lol. There so fucking arogant.

Did make me laugh though Moxie was so slagging the game and how shit it was going to be (mainly cause he cant get it) and even he (the master of critisism) couldnt find fault lol. ot even in the lag. Like COD and GTA its great of a day time but once the yanks get on thats it.
If and American joins the room there is no way an aussie can be in there as they DC after a few mins. Ill make a vid of a full game so you can see what its like if you want.
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Oh also you can report players direct to game Moderators via a player feedback option in te lobby
Back to top Go down
Ferrit
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Ferrit

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:13 pm

i think i'll wait till the game has been released and a few of you have got it and tried it out when it goes live properly , if it's the same with the americans on the servers i aint getting it ..
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm

LMFAO what a load of horse shit you know you will see us on it the first day and run to the shops you always do lol

You will be all like "I WANT" and we will all be like oh look there is Pikey Stu on COD 4 haha
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Private
Private
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Laughing LMAO. Thats the funniest shit I've heard
Back to top Go down
Ferrit
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Ferrit

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:20 pm

meh
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Then ill be like "suck on my fully functional socom bitch"
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:20 pm

ROLF!

Most of us are going to be pretty inexperienced because heaps of people would have had the beta for a month to practice on pale
Back to top Go down
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Mad_Macka

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

but we kno the basics of socom and i wouldnt say tht they have changed the controls too much. so we should be alrite.

rofl at stu.

king Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:07 am

yeah but i'm shit anyway drunken

If i can find a beta code i think i will download it ..... anyone know where i can get a beta code ? silent Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Private
Private
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:42 am

I think we will pick things up fast enough. Yeah beta would be nice, but I can wait as would prefer to see the full game Smile
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:13 pm

to be honest took me a few games but i picked it up fast enough Smile
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm

lol yeah we will be fine, hell it cannot be much worse than when i started with socom 3 i was pretty much new to online games although i used to play killzone. an a few pc games ..
and fear not after some begging and staying commited someone gave me a spare code i'm downloading now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Update...........

Took me a while to get the hang of the controls as they are a bit different (how the hell do you roll? )

and there are a few things that i don't like about the game ... but overall it's quite good I love you

The clan community thing on there is nicely done and you get extra stuff depending on which special forces your clan chooses, you can even make a arm patch that actually goes onto the clan members (i made my own clan for my spare accounts ) they have tried to incorporate clan matches scheduling into the game

we should probably start the omega one on there..... but we can only pick from the Germans or the Yanks so far Shocked

the level is pretty well done, theres heaps of little tricks that i keep picking up as i learn it more.

There doesn't seem to be a barret, but the m87ELR remains along with the SASR and the L96 which i quite like now rabbit

I have run into a lot of p90 and RPG pricks, so i decided i'd practice some urban sniping on them and i reckon i went pretty good.
my longest kills where about 192 (L96) and 196 (m87) meters, which is about the total size of the level (when its the big map) split like a triangle Rolling Eyes scratch

Anyway the weapons menu is a pain in the arse, theres no chatbox in the lobby and depending on which server you are on it can take ages to load the match... i dozed off once and woke up to see the match was on drunken and i don't really like the sixaxis thing either Evil or Very Mad

sorry for rambling and possibly getting you all worked up about it flower
Back to top Go down
DanCrossy
Major
Major
DanCrossy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:01 pm

lay down,hold X and then press leftorright to roll.
Back to top Go down
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Mad_Macka

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 am

hey i dont mind and dont think anyone else will, its a beta, thts what its there for lol. need constructive criticism from ppl who will actually be playin it or the game wont sell or be a big hit.

whats up with the sixaxis? does it need to be used? cause if it doesnt then i prob wont use it.

king Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private
Frenzy

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:34 am

lol cool thanks Dan

the six axis has replaced the dpad lean, its just slow to respond ....... maybe it will just take some getting used to Surprised
And there isn't an option to change it to a button.

apart from those few problems its really good to play and seems to get better the more that i play it sunny
Back to top Go down
Ferrit
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)
Ferrit

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 am

krashdown wrote:
lol cool thanks Dan

the six axis has replaced the dpad lean, its just slow to respond ....... maybe it will just take some getting used to Surprised
And there isn't an option to change it to a button.

apart from those few problems its really good to play and seems to get better the more that i play it sunny

sucks

i lean and shit with my pads now dont wanna have to actually neeeeed to move the bugger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socom Confrontation   Socom Confrontation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Socom Confrontation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next