Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanCrossy
Major
Major

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Socom Is Dead   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 pm

ok this is Socom is Dead the real deal with the issues on socom, I added all 20 something videos into 2 parts and uploaded them for ease of veiwing, you have to watch this its awsome however i warn now of bad language...

Part 1:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zLvqFuz3ogY
Part 2:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5r5dVKzgY

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://omegaallegiance.creaforum.net
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:01 am

rofl, 20 mins of socom hating, i friggin love it lmao. socom really was tht bad when i played it. glad i only paid 16 quid for it but tbh even thts too much since u can by better lookin, better running ps2 games for under 5. to anyone who wants a game like socom that actually works, looks gd, runs well, has single player with a great storyline then i suggest u buy metal gear solid 4. it came out before socom and is the far superior vesion of this type of game. i have one complaint about mgs4, although it hasnt ever been intended by the gd mr hideo, coop for the storyline would be amazin. i have one compliment for socom, it has some OK, ye just OK looking sas gear. everythin else about mgs4 is fuckin amazing, everythin else about socom is retarded, shit and a fucking waste of time. anyone who has paid more than 2 for socom can officially say they have been conned by its developers.

SOCOM = BULLSHIT

MGS4 = THE DOGS BOLLOCKS

still playin guild wars. great game, well worth its price. a fair few omegans have it now, id say most of omega will like it.

ps. saints row 2 took me 2 days to complete, dan and scott why the fuck are you still playin it? single player was alrite, ie storyline etc was pretty gd but the online side of things is shit and had/has no future.

king Very Happy Twisted Evil lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z9.invisionfree.com/OmegaAllegiance/index.php?act=idx
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Dude you like GTA online and Saints is a mile and a half better then that. Basically online for saints row you can do the WHOLE story, ALL the sub Missions, ALL the diversions (taxi, ambulance ect) Stealing stores and people, The map is about the same size, AND you can still generally piss about in a room of mates, and yet we have still played it less then you played GTA and your saying you dont see the point to it lol.
Also nah never really got into MGS4 much, Offline was the best story i have seen EVER though. However Socom is so good now that even Krashdown can play it with no lag ATALL. the new servers are the shit and some of the patchs and soon to be released map packs look awsome...cant fault it socom is and always has been a game for proper online gamers (to quote just about everyone here at some point).

Also me and Bart were pissing around on that Little Big Planet, i would'nt reccomend getting it its like taking crack i would asume. Its so fucking addictive and im yet to understand why, even Moxie played this for hours. Me and bart laughed so much at it aswell.

Resistance 2 looks very dated i didnt like it much, yes split screen works online and thats awsome however it looks and feels so PS2ish

Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Private
Private

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

Been thinking of getting the cheap arse Ching Chong version of Socom, been playing COD WAW and Fallout3 but have become bored. Mad Anyone else on Socom or is it completely fucked? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottishrebal
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Dan and I are on socom and we both got it from hong kong store. Since 1.30 patch and the new servers things are brilliant. All thye need to do i fix the screen freeze when someone joins the room and its all good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Servers are awsome now, like scott said a few small freeze issues but nothing drastic. Tbh like i said Krash can play with 0 lag and no issues atall, perfect comms and no lag (even for you aussie types XD) can falt tha like.

Back to top Go down
Mad_Macka
Private (Red Troop)
Private (Red Troop)

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 pm

sod the lag, server issues, comms and the rest of tht shit. what i want to know is can you throw grenades from behind cover yet? tht is one of the first problems i came across when i played (i have only played on 2 occasions). is there still the issues the guy brought up in the above video? if so then the rest means shit. all they have done is taken a gd game and made it shit. sure they brought back some maps back from the past but most of the other maps are crap. the game wasnt well made in the first place and gettin better servers aint gonna change tht. i mean ffs even i found tht u cant fire down at someone below u if there is a wall infront of u. even gta4 of all games allowed u to fire from the shoulder, but not socom no, its only specifically meant to be a tactics game, why the fuck would you want to be able to fire from anythin other than the hip.

sorry about the rant but u must see my point. the shit tht guy pointed out in the vid is there, and it aint shit tht can be solved by gettin better servers, improving comms or anythin like tht. they need to take the game back to the friggin drawing board.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z9.invisionfree.com/OmegaAllegiance/index.php?act=idx
Frenzy
Private
Private

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:02 pm

getting MGS but saints row sounds good too, should i still get it or is it too late now?

-----------------------------------

LMAO! gotta love this guys twisted humour Very Happy

he made some very good points, some are a bit trivial but the weapon select wheel and quick select is the biggest pain for me affraid

I used to use that shoulder cam but i kept missing people right infront of me or to the other side, so now i use the classic cam and only ever use the shoulder cam to get a better view when they're a little bit too far away.

Shooting over cover is still difficult, but all the walls seem different heights, so sometimes you have issues you wouldn't normally have, most of the time when i get that yellow circle its because i'm too close to the wall.

I have never tried the grenade lean... so i might try that affraid.

I have found the lag on socom WAY more user friendly than the shit i have been getting on COD5, albeit i have mostly been playing with some fellow aussies and kiwis on the Australasia server and our only problem is when a yank shows up and hosts a game on our server (but they yap to much so we track them down anyway Twisted Evil ), but even then its still very playable

lag freezes happen sometimes but at least everyone seems to get them.

the HH games i have been in have been working great. sometimes the distance shows but not nearly as bad as i had thought or as often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 pm

In all fairness macka you played either 2 rounds or two games before the patch and new features were even out so you cant really comment on the new version as you havnt tried it yet.
Also yeah when Krash played in HH room there was 27 people in it with 0 lag and good comms thats impressive.

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:51 am

Shocked Damn it was too cheers

I got the new headset it might help too, works great, going to need to modify it though as it has pointy corners Suspect gotta get me some sand paper geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buzzsaw
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

ROFL

lol!

I'm still getting it and a headset with pointy corners to boot Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanCrossy
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:06 pm

i would recomend you get it to make your own mind up on the game, however id also suggest watching your eyes on the corners of the headset, maybe get a parent to help put it on your ear Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Frenzy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 am

LMAO nah its just my monkey ears monkey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buzzsaw
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 am

DanCrossy wrote:
i would recomend you get it to make your own mind up on the game, however id also suggest watching your eyes on the corners of the headset, maybe get a parent to help put it on your ear Very Happy
ROFL indeed cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socom Is Dead   

Back to top Go down

Socom Is Dead
Page 1 of 1